1. Take baby steps toward your fear. You don't need to go on a parachute or to the edge of The grand Canyon the first day--just go on top of a small hill (or a glass elevator) and look down. You don't need to write the entire book this weekend--just take some time to make an outline.
2. Learn tools or processes that can help you dissolve your fear. There are many "shortcuts" out there-techniques that are effective at dissipating the fear on a deep level. One of my favorites is EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), also known as Tapping-see how to do that here:
Here's a global fears top ten:
1. Fear of public speaking (Glossophobia)
2. Fear of death (Necrophobia)
3. Fear of spiders (Arachnophobia)
4. Fear of darkness (Achluophobia)
5. Fear of heights (Acrophobia)
6. Fear of people or social situations (Sociophobia)
7. Fear of flying (Aerophobia)
8. Fear of open spaces (Agoraphobia)
9. Fear of thunder and lightning (Brontophobia)
10. Fear of confined spaces (Claustrophobia
Typically, EFT is facilitated with a practitioner for several sessions, while the individual is tapping on their own every day. EFT is especially effective when integrated with peak performance success coaching.
Clients are successfully guided to release fear and completely reverse phobias after only few sessions!
CONTACT Eileen for a complimentary strategy session!
3. Make a commitment to yourself to keep moving toward that fear until you're on the other side. Find a buddy and/or a coach to help support you. Tell your buddy what your commitment is and ask him or her to stick by you through your process.
Eileen Lichtenstein and Bill McCartney on EFT and the Services of Balance and Power, Part 1:
|Watch Eileen with a client who has been challenged with public speaking in front of his peers and successfully used EFT with Eileen to overcome anxiety...|
Eileen, I just wanted to let you
The social media event that I did today was a huge success!!! We had over 100 people in attendance and not only was I extremely comfortable, I was able to deliver a clear and concise message that was educational and inspired people. Thank you again for your help... I really do appreciate it.
- Bill McCartney, Fear of Speaking EFT Video
Or call: 516.623.4345 .
Related Article: Reconnectiong With Your Soul