Research shows a direct link between stress and heart disease, stroke, cancer and other life-changing illnesses. We know it lowers the immune system so that we are more susceptible to the common cold and heightened allergies. If you wait until you’re feeling stressed before you use some technique for managing stress, it may be too late. You need to have a bag of tricks that you can deploy proactively. Turning to them throughout the day changes your threshold of stress tolerance. It’s more important than ever to learn as many antistress techniques as possible, as young as possible. The biochemical response to stress is cued up as much by random, upsetting events in the environment as by negative thinking – our own or people we spend a great deal of time with – as well as trying to keep up with the fast pace and increasing demands of modern life, or mental habits like perfectionism or procrastination. There are skills and habits of mind which are beneficial to our health and reduce the negative effects of stress that cause physical illness. The development of these skills is stress-resilience training. I will be sharing an overview of techniques and strategies with you in a FREE teleclass April 1- no joke! with a three week in depth series following. In the NY Metro area, check out two wholistic wellness fairs in April that I’m involved with. I will be facilitating weekend courses at Dowling Institute and an EFT(tapping) Training at the Balance & Power Center in May. Details.. http://www.balanceandpower.com/events.php
1. Plant protein is more easily digestible than animal protein. Animal protein takes a lot of the body's energy to break down itself in order to nourish the body's system.
2. Plant protein adds more muscle and bulk to the body because of its lean mass.
3. Plant protein doesn't create the preventable diseases that animal protein has been scientifically proven to be a cause of such as heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, IBS, diabetes, etc.
4. Plant protein is more readily available in nature's plant-based sources and traces of complete and incomplete protein is found in virtually every vegetable and fruit known to humankind.
5. Plant protein produces less toxins and waste into the environment than animal protein as the slaughter of animals is environmentally taxing.
She is the creator of The 7 Day Raw Foods Cleanse and a much sought out expert in the media. She has been interviewed on E-Entertainment, NBC's The Ten Show, WURD AM Radio in Philadelphia, Pacifica Radio, and The Travel Channel. To Get Your FREE weekly health & wellness tips, recipes, and a FREE Raw Foods Holiday Recipe Book! Yummy!!! Sign up here www.nwennakai.com.
Related Article: The 7 Habits of Healthy People.