This is one of my favorite lists by one of this generation's
1. Listen to your body’s wisdom, which expresses itself through the signals of comfort and discomfort. When choosing a certain behavior, ask your body, “How do you feel about this?” If the body sends a signal of physical or emotional distress, watch out! If the body responds with joy and comfort – go for it!
2. Live in the moment. The present is the only moment you have. Have your attention on what IS and see its fullness in every moment. Have psychological acceptance totally and completely that this present moment is as it should be. How could it be otherwise? This moment is as is because the universe is as is. Don’t struggle against the universe.
3. Take time to be silent, to quiet the internal dialogue, to be guided by your intuition, rather nthan the externally imposed interpretations of what is and what is not good.
4. Relinquish your need for approval. There is great freedom in that choice.
5. When you find yourself reacting with anger or violence to any person, situation or circumstance- recognize that you struggle only against yourself. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
6. Know that those you react to strongly whether you love them or hate them, are reflections of yourself. Use the mirror of relationship to guide your own spiritual revolution.
7. Shed the burden of judgement- you will feel much lighter.
8. Don’t contaminate your body with toxins: food, drink or toxic emotions.
9. Replace fear-motivated behavior by love-motivated behavior.
10. Understand that the physical world mirrors the process in our own consciousness. Cleaning up the environment and getting rid of toxic wastes and dumps that contaminate our earth, its rivers and oceans is worthwhile, but even more important is the flushing out of toxic ideas that contaminate the human mind.
Courtesy of Quantum Publications, Inc., 1992, PO Box 598 South Lancaster, MA. 01561
Reprinted from Creations Magazine Spring ’95
I have studied these principles and apply them in my life. Being human, I am do not always do this :). I help my clients to live them as well. I explore many of them in my interactive manual SOAR! with Resilience™ and tell success stories of my own as well as clients who have gone on to be happy and SOAR! You may contact me for a complimentary consult: BalanceandPower 516 623 4353
Related Article: Building Your Business With Tools From the Angels.