Everyone needs motivational words & tips to get you
pumped up and ready to rock! That is exactky what
is going to happen after reading these amazing tips qoutes and
words of wisdom from over 70 experts in self Improvement, social
media, marketing and motivation of course.
What is Motivation? It comes from your excitement about what you want or what you are doing. Some people are just naturally motivated to accomplish their goals and make their dreams come true.
If you're not one of those people or if you're in a low mood and
need some quick and easy ways to get yourself up and going again
Read on and book mark this page you will want to visit
“There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to success, not going all the way and not starting.”
These motivational words & tips will get you going and into ACTION and once your action, it is natural to keep up the momentum. Pick the easiest motivation tip and start with that. You do not want to pick something you may end up not completing or worse not starting.
Get ready do five jumping jacks to get your blood circulating and
let us get this party started! Here are My 15
Rocken Motivation Tips & the Rest are from Experts all around
the globe who participated in our celebration for Motivational
Whisperers Motivaton Weekend.
We Had So Many Cool Peeps Help Out! Now We Have 81 Tips. That's Cool.
1. Make a dream board / Vision board add all the things you want in your life and put in a place you will see it every day.
2. Sign up for a support group/master mind group with like-minded people who share your passion.
3. Start your day with a great motivational book. Read one or two pages every morning or until feel motivated and ready to rock it.
4. Have someone in your life that will help keep you accountable, this could be a mentor a life coach or a business colleague.
5. Find a motivational blog or forum where you can read that day's motivational post.
6. Start your own daily motivation blog and ask for comments from others about what motivates them.
7. Use an application that will help motivate you and keep you accountable. I discovered the perfect motivation app. It is fabulous, it is like having your very own mini life coach giving you motivation and tracking your progress. Check it out now and get going with MeTracker.
8. Mind Mapping is another way you can motivate yourself while keeping you focused and on the right course.
9. Follow motivational people on Twitter, facebook, LinkedIn & Google + that encourage you to go for your dreams and share with you how they are making their dreams and goals a reality.
10. Find someone that shares your passions and has a motivating personality. That energy will rub off on you, it is contagious and you want to catch their motivation.
11. Eat meals that give you stamina and leave the heavy draining foods for your day off.
12. Use guided visualization mp3's to start your day or pop one in anytime you feel your motivation dropping.
13. Music is a super motivator. Find a song that gets your blood pumping and feet moving and dance like no one is watching.
14. Affirmations are another good motivator and reminder of what you want to create. I put little pieces of paper with my affirmations written out in places I know that I will see them all day. I have them on my computer in the bathroom put them anywhere you spend a lot of time.
15. it's a good idea to have one of your mentors
autobiographies on hand. I like to start out reading a
couple of pages of a book that gets my creative juices flowing
and reading how successful people I admire have done it is an
excellent way to get motivated. It gives me ideas and
inspires me by showing me directly how they created some
incredible things in their life. By Dawn Abraham Award Winning Marketing Expert & CEO
Motivational Whisperers LLC.
16. When you're tired or sleepy, get up stretch, exercise go to the gym or go for a walk, run, hike or bike ride. You will feel more energized. By: Clay Franklin.Com Marketing Expert
17. Think of exercise as an investment in you. The
better you feel, the more energy you will have to chase your
dreams! This 30-60 minutes a day is your time to
rejuvenate; time dedicated solely to you. Don't be a "no-show"
for your most important client -- "YOU."
By Jamie Wolf
18. What you think about you bring about! By Chereese
19. All Positive Thoughts are powerful, all negative thoughts are weak. By Chereese on facebook
20. Have an attitude of gratitude. By Chereese on facebook21. Use online tickers to visualize your fitness progress. Miles ran, pushups, how many days you have worked out. By Fitharts @FitHarts. The Fitness Wiz
22. For weight or fitness goals take regular photos to show your progress . Look at them often for #motivation. By Fitharts Fitness Wiz @FitHarts.
23. Take breaks to do something that rejuvenates you and makes you feel wonderful about yourself! By Celeste on Facebook.
24. Motivation comes from within - there is no outside influence that motivates you more than your own passion to succeed. By Leigh @leighs31
26. Keep a gratitude journal bedside, write down 5 things your grateful for everyday to keep a positive mindset be for you sleep & for the next day. By Shawna Hamilton Marketing Expert @Fitandonthemove Fitonthemove.com
27. "There's always a better way and more than one solution" #motivation By Redge @Versalytics
36. 1 more! "A ripe fruit eventually falls from the tree & becomes a part of history. Stay connected, keep growing." #motivation By Redge @Versalytics
38. Be sure to show some serious intellectual
cleavage. By Ali
Rodriguez Intuitive Marketing Coach on
39. Practice Etiquette-You will be surprised how far these power words, please, thank you, and how may I help you will take you. Practicing common courtesies will set you apart from the competition. In business it could mean the difference of winning the contract or not. In your personal life it could make the difference in the type of people you attract. By Walethia Aquil-Branding Expert @graceandcharm2
40. Open your mind and your heart and see what happens! By Eileen Lichtenstein - Peak-Performance-Success Coach
43. Keep your to-do list to under five items a day so you are successful and not frustrated! By Laurie Hurley Social Media Expert @LaurieHurley
44. A little extra effort pays you back! By making one additional payment in a year, a 30-year mortgage is cut to 22! By Walter Sawatzky @WalterSawatzky Customized Coaching
49. "Only the future is manageable, and it belongs to those who get there first." By Frank Feather, Futurist http://FFeather.com
51. "Anything is possible, with the right motivation. Find what you're passionate about and you'll find a reason and a way to make it happen." ~ By Coach Dina Blas on facebook52. "Multi-tasking is over-rated. Since you can only truly give 100% to one task at a time, do that one task really well and then give 100% to the next task. You'll get everything done with your best effort and you'll be more satisfied with the results." ~ By Coach Dina Blas on facebook
56. Motivation comes from the DO-ing of a task, not from the THINKING of how to get motivated to do the task. By My Positive Change @mposchange
57. I believe in the sun, even when it isn't shining. I believe in love, even when I'm alone. I believe in God, even when he is silent. By Ana Hillis Re-purposing Expert
58. If you're overwhelmed with a
project, just start the first thing you need to do. Focus on
that one thing only, Don't even think about the "whole
big thing" By Clay Franklin
73. When student clients are stuck or overwhelmed-talking aloud about their plans & chunking down opens doors to awareness &doing. By Ana Isabel Sanchez @CoachADDLife
74. Life is surprising & capricious, never dull. No replacement for hard work. By Robin E. Thornton Strategic marketer @RobinEThornton
75. A good motivation tip no matter what your situation you have a choice to take the positive or negative. take positive because if you are positive calm will keep positive situations to be attracted to you By Steven Kamensky Google+
77. Only those who are
intentional about their life can be effective in
it. by -Wade D.
78. "I'm here to assist in transforming lives in peaceful and prosperous ways." . . . Namaste By Stephanie Rainbow Bell Chief Consciousness Creator
79. - Always repeat these two words ACT NOW to yourself, "given a task, ACT NOW" By Bunny Alderson @BunnyAlderson
Motivational Whisperers Inspiring Newsletter where you
will find out what is hot in the social media/self improvement
I am gifting you the first class of how to get a Millionaire Mindset Mp3 when you sign up for our Expert Newsletter. Woo Hoo! Start now with Motivational Whisperers Sign up for Top Motivational Newsletter and get your Mindset Mp3 right now.
Having a home-based business has tremendous
perks. You are in charge of your own time,
activities, projects, tasks, delegation, and you don’t have to
drive much to see clients or meet with vendors. However,
one of the down sides is that if you are not circulating and
networking in your community, and brainstorming on-line with
staff and colleagues, it can be highly isolating.
This can get you in trouble at times. I know it has me. Why? Mainly because there’s no one around to call your bluff.
There is no one to hold you accountable to follow a disciplined regime of marketing, sales, systems and projects, not to mention the all important Personal Development process, which is always “on-going.”
It is hard to stick to a calendar when you feel you can do as you please, and you always have “later” or worse yet, “tomorrow.” Besides, ONE truly is a lonely number.
What to do when you’re getting into isolation?
First, recognize the symptoms!
• Are you postponing important tasks?
• Do you tend to start with the easy stuff first?
• Are you ignoring your calendar?
• Are you only doing what is absolutely necessary?
• Are you neglecting important conversations or even correspondences with important people in your life?
• Are you feeling less energetic than usual?
• Is your passion-light flickering at times?
• Are certain tasks that used to be joyful getting to be a drag?
• Do you find it difficult to go out and mingle at social networking events?
All these are symptoms of isolation and depression, or both simultaneously. One can lead to the other, and your job is to find a way to get back on track, whatever that might be for you. If depression, see a doctor, if isolation…..keep on reading.
Granted, there are things that we all have to do that are not as much fun as others, however, they have to be done. And…with a song in your heart and a spring in your step, you can do them in JOY rather than in drag.
• Make a list of trusted friends and colleagues.
• Reach out to them.
• Find the courage to do so; it may be difficult in some cases.
• Share with them the issues you are having and ask for feedback.
• Remember, this is all about accountability, but also about reaching out and asking for help; which may not come natural to you at this time.
• Think that you are giving them an opportunity to help you and this may literally “Make their day.”
• Be clear in your request and ask for guidance.
• Let nature take its course.
• Be prepared to listen very careful to what they have to
• Discern what feels best to you.
• Make a list of all the suggestions so that you can create your own mini-action plan to get you out of isolation and back on track of your chosen path.
• Be extremely grateful for all of what you have.
• Be extremely grateful for all of who you are.
• Be extremely grateful that you have these amazing people in your live, even if some of them are at a distance.
• Start your day by saying “Thank You” to your God or the Universe, and your heart will feel lighter and things will begin to turn around.
• Practice the courage to ask for what you want.
• Don’t be afraid of making mistakes.
• Join a Mastermind Group.
• Get yourself an accountability buddy or coach to help you stretch your imagination, creativity and way of thinking. It’s hard to think bigger, when you are in such a place of isolation, and yes, I know this from very personal experiences.
Assess your symptoms, know your options, take action, and ask for help. “Reach out….someone will always answer!”
Join me at Passion to the Fifth Power http://AliRodriguez.com/ecourse
I don’t know about you, but
I’ve got a pretty busy life, working a full-time job, running my
own business, and activities involving family and
friends. The last
thing I need is drama in my life and I am certain most people
feel the same way about their own lives!
Always being an independent person and never being afraid to stand alone in my decisions, I had the mindset even as a young person that we need to take care of ourselves first in order to better serve others. So, when I became an adult and was on my own, it was just natural for me to ensure I created an environment which was positive, and drama-free.
Are you currently living a life that has some drama in it? Some things obviously are out of our control and we’ve got to deal with that drama head-on. But a lot in our life is within our control. If you do have some drama in your life, in what ways have you created the environment that you are in?
In order to make a change to a more simplified, drama-free life, you must take responsibility and ownership of where you currently are, and then commit to making it better. Are you ready to create a zone; an environment of positivity, where you take measures to eliminate anything that drains you, only focusing on what fuels you?
Eliminate Drama In Your Life! 4 Ways to Create Your Positive Zone!
1. Make Decisions on Your Timeline: – When making a decision in your life, never, ever feel pressured by anyone to make a quick decision. It’s your life, so make decisions when you feel comfortable and confident; based on your timeline.
2. Allow only Supportive, Positive People in Your Zone: – We are in control of our own emotions and what we allow to affect us. Don’t let people drain your energy. Surround yourself with people that are positive and supportive of you. Do you have a negative person in your family? We can’t choose our family, but we can control what we will tolerate and allow in our zone.
3. Only Commit to Something that is an Absolute “Yes”: In our lives, we are going to be asked to be part of all types of activities. Before saying yes to something, is it an absolute yes? Don’t feel pressured to do something just because someone invited you. If it’s not an absolute yes, don’t commit until you further look at how the activity will impact your day, your week, or your life and then make an informed decision on what to do.
4. Always Live With Integrity: Do the right thing all the time. When you are doing what is best and full of integrity, you have nothing to worry about, never having to look over your shoulder or remember what the truth is.
It’s never too late to eliminate drama from your life and create a zone of positivity. Is there some drama in your life that you need to eliminate? What are you doing or going to do to create your zone; a positive zone? I want to hear from you! - Cynthia BazinCynthia Bazin is President and Founder of SmartChic; an inspirational company for girls and women! SmartChic is all about inspiring you to make smart and confident choices while living the life you want and deserve! For more information, check out the SmartChic website!
Are you wondering why you're you business isn't reaching all those lofty goals you set? Once Upon Time you had a wish for your business. You were excited motiviated and above all you believed in your dream. Are you thinking that wishes are just meant to stay that way, a wish? That couldn't be further from the truth. Which one of these wish killers are you guilty of committing?
1. You don't believe it. How many times have you made a wish thinking it is only a wish and wishes don't really come true? Maybe other people get their wish but not me. That may be the reason your wish is not coming true, you do not believe it will happen.
2. There is no deadline on your wish. Always put a deadline on a dream or wish. This action is the beginning of turning your wish into a reality. It is a way of keeping you focused and on track. No deadline No Manifestation.
3. There is no action plan. Once you have a wish you want to make a plan of action that has you starting that day. It's important to start while you are motivated. Even if you do one small step towards making your wish come true that is a step in the right direction.
4. Your making it more complicated than it has to be. Most of us grew up with the idea that the harder the better. Anything easy is not worth going after. Because of this we make things more difficult then they really are. The acronym KISS means, keep it simple stupid I replace stupid with smart-one. You get the idea. Less is more. Don't over think it just start and it will come together.
5. Holding on to self- limiting beliefs. The big excuses are a deal killer every time. This may sound familiar: You have to have money to make money. There are hundreds of ways to generate money for a project. One way is to involve a key influencer in your niche and suggest a joint venture. Get backers for your business the list goes on and on. Whatever you limiting belief is this is not the time to play that tape. Your tape needs to say I can do anything I set my mind to and watch me go.
6. Time is a big one. Not allowing enough time to complete it. If you set a deadline because you need to make money by that time you are setting yourself up for failure. If your wish is about starting a new business you need plenty of time. If you don't have the income to devote eight hours a day you can work part time or flex time to fund your business. Realize that you need more time since you may only devote ten hours a week to getting your business started.
Make sure you use those ten hours wisely. If you make them count you can accomplish the important elements that will set in place a strong foundation. Have a end date where you will quit your job and become a full time business owner. Without that date you can spin your wheels for years.
7. Giving up. This is one sure way to kill a wish. I see this wish killer the most. The reason, usually one of the six steps preceding this was skipped. The wish is not realized and people give up. They give up their dream because they think it isn't attainable. That isn't the case, anything is attainable, and you wouldn't have the dream in the first place if you didn't have the ability to take it all the way to success.
To sum it up, give your wish a deadline, write down the top three things you can do every day to make that wish a reality. Always start with the most important thing that moves you closer to your wish and break it into small easy steps that are attainable this way you don't resist starting each day.
Partner with someone who has the side of the equation you don't have, like a active list of at least 3,000 people. If you have something to offer that the other business partner needs that will make a winning venture. Don't get discouraged if the first couple of tries don't get the results you had hoped for. You will get there in time however, don't even think about giving up that is the only way your business dream won't come true.
I write a lot about the soul – getting to know your soul, reconnecting with your soul, loving your soul, etc. Because of this, you might think that I’ve had a wonderful relationship with my soul for my entire life. Would you be surprised if I told you that it’s only in the last couple of years that I’ve been in touch with my soul?
Like all of us, I was born a spiritual being in a human body. And like many of us, as life’s hardships piled up on top of me, I became more and more weighed down and grounded into the earth. I needed to learn how to survive and find ways to go on when I felt completely broken. After many years of these hardships piling up on top of the other, I eventually forgot about my soul altogether. It took a back seat to my human life, and it waited patiently for my return.
But my soul never left. It would quietly whisper to me over the years:
I’m here. Pay attention. Don’t apply for that job. You shouldn’t be with that person. You have so much to offer to the world. Take this path rather than the one you’re currently on. Begin living again. You are so special. Your fear is an illusion. Only love exists. Stay in the present. Keep moving forward. Share your message. You are loved.
But I didn’t pay much attention to this soft voice inside of me over the years. I didn’t think much about it – I was too busy surviving. How would stopping to listen to this voice be at all helpful, anyway?
In my last post I wrote about a spiritual awakening that I experienced just over a year ago, which changed my entire world and reunited me with my soul. In my upcoming book, Coming Back to Life, I write in detail about this beautiful experience – but what I will say for now is that I received guidance from someone on the other side. As a skeptic, this wasn’t something that I took lightly. It rocked my world completely. It challenged all of my beliefs and everything I thought I knew about the world that I lived in. But over time (and lots of tangible proof that this was really happening), I began to listen, take notes, and immerse myself in this beautiful energy. I received such beautiful messages that I am looking forward to sharing with each of you when my book is complete. But probably the most important part of the entire experience was my reconnecting with my soul.
Once this happened and I remembered this part of myself, I felt whole again. I felt such a love that I’ve never felt before. It was the love from my soul, which is connected to all of you and every part of the universe. It’s the most powerful love, and it flows through each of us if we are open to it.
I now know that I will never lose touch with this part of myself again – my soul is my connection to all of life. Without that connection, I can never be fully alive. I now listen when my soul speaks.
If you are feeling this numbness – this disconnectedness – this searching for something more, something deeper, something that you have forgotten but can’t quite remember, you are longing to reconnect with your soul.
And you don’t have to have a dramatic spiritual experience where the stars align and the heavens part – you can take matters into your own hands and begin the process yourself.
I reconnect with my soul through stillness and writing. You may find another way that works better for you – dancing, painting, being in nature, etc. However you decide to reconnect, I would urge you to begin this process. Your soul has all of the answers, which means YOU have all of the answers. And though it may not always feel this way, it’s really true.
If you aren’t sure where to start, take some time to interview your soul and see what it says. Sit down, take a deep breath, center yourself, grab a pen and paper (or on the computer) and ask your soul what it wants you to know. Write down what it says. Keep asking until you are clear and know exactly what it needs you to hear. Don’t censor yourself – don’t wonder if it’s really you or your soul writing/typing. Just keep writing. You could also close your eyes when you are writing or use your opposite hand.
If you haven’t already, you can download my Journaling Within ebook for free. It contains 50 prompts to help you get in touch with your soul. It’s a great starting point!
However you choose to reconnect with your soul is up to you. The important part is that you do so. I wish I could convey how much my life has opened up since I remembered my own soul. I went from feeling numb and disillusioned and afraid to alive and aware and fully conscious. It’s amazing, and I wish that for you more than anything else. You deserve that joy and completeness. And your soul can’t wait for you to reconnect.
I would love to hear how you reconnect with your soul. Do you have a daily practice where you are still and listen to the whispers within? Do you journal? Do you meditate? Do you take walks in nature? Please comment below and share with each of us. Your words will be helpful to anyone who is still searching and wanting to reconnect but isn’t sure how to start.
Jodi Chapman is the author of the inspirational blog, Soul Speak; the upcoming book, Coming Back to Life: How an Unlikely Friend Helped Me Reclaim My True Spirit; and the bestselling Soulful Journals series, co-authored with her amazing husband, Dan Teck. She would love to connect on Facebook and Twitter. Click here to receive her free ebook: Journaling Within – 50 Prompts for Self Exploration.
Press Release For: Pay it Forward Marketing , Marketing Expert and Certified Master Business Coach Dawn Abraham who is the CEO/Founder of Motivational Whisperers LLC has redesigned a section of her Popular high traffic membership only site.
The Feel Good Place to Market a Revolutionary New Way to Market Without Paying Money Instead You Pay it Forward. Brilliant!
For the first Time Since
Opening in 2009 Motivational Whisperers Has a FREE Section.
Where you can use their latest service a link building Strategies & marketing service that is geared to be the place to get your tele-classes, seminars, events, products, fan page and articles out to millions with a program originally designed to be only for MW members then Dawn Abraham CEO of MW LLC. realized that opening it to the public would make this service 100% more effective.
"Whenever I go on any
social site 99% of the people want me to do one of four
things. Buy my product, read my blog, like my
fan page or go to my tele-class. And most of them are not doing
this in a effective way. This gave me the idea for this service.
I knew that it was time to find a better way to get peoples
brands out to the world." Dawn Abraham CEO of Motivational
It's a Pay it Forward Service that is Monitored to Insure Success.
Every time you enter your service or products you are required to pay it forward by using one of the share buttons provided for at least two members.
This revolutionary new
program has everything an entrepreneur would need to succeed in
today's highly competitive world. Designed with Small
Businesses in mind who have good products or books even affiliate
marketing programs. There is even a category for events and great
The feel good marketing does the job whether they have a new service to promote ,products or all of the above this service will get it out to millions of people everywhere.
Open to Public Aug. 1,2011
recently added a Internet TV Channel so the experts
at Motivational Whisperers can host their own TV show.
As part of the Free Pay it Forward Marketing our TV stars can place their show description and web link so you can watch their latest show. If you want to share one of the self help or how to shows this is the place to do that. This would meet your sharing requirements.
Meet our newest TV star.
Well known TV host
Luann Lee Debuting her Talk Show Celebrity Success Secrets only on Motivational Whisperers TV
coming this August 2011 you won't want to miss it!
Let us know what type of TV shows you would like to see by leaving a message here or while watching one of our Internet TV shows on Motivational Whisperers TV Internet Channel.
See you all on Aug. 1, 2011 for the feel good way to market.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned, is that one size does
not fit all, and I don’t mean clothes-wise, I mean,
people-wise. We get into new relationships with certain
expectations, only to be disappointed (some times.)
- hy? Because ONE size doesn’t fit all. Not one
person fulfills all your needs, not one child, will be the “be
all” for you, and at times, not all parents will be there when
you need them.
Life happens. And yet, as individuals, we have powers beyond our own comprehension, which is why sometimes we don’t use them, simply because….we don’t even know,nor see that those powers are there for us to use as we see fit, only if we could see them and have the know-how to use them.
That’s why it is so important to have a new attitude in
life and use it….! And while at it…..LOVE
it! This is one of the most fundamental ways of moving
ahead towards achievement and success.
Is it easy? Hell, no. Is it attainable? You bet it is. It is all about what you want, when you want it, and how you want to accomplish it. And most importantly, WHY you want to attain it. Without the WHY, not much will happen, which brings me back to: One size DOES NOT fit all!
• Are you different?
• If so, how?
• Is it bravery or is it convenience?
• Can you be loud enough about what you want?
• Are you open to changes?
• You can choose to stay the same.
• You can choose the middle of the road.
• You can decide to add life to your years.
• You can decide to add years to your life!
• You can decide that one size does NOT fit all!
POINTS TO PONDER:
• A life well-lived, is the icing on the cake.
• An attitude adjustment is a welcome relief.
• When no one is looking, you share your broadest smile.
• An alternative size fits you like a glove.
• Happiness is….whatever you want to make it.
• Do something outrageous.
• Document it.
• Have it clear this is for now, and not just for posterity.
• Consider what one thing you would do now that you would NEVER leave for later? Then, DO IT!
• Enjoy every second of it, and know in your heart, that one size does not fit all. This is your time to enjoy your new attitude adjustment.
With Much Love,
Related Article: How to Re-New your Spirit and Re-Invent Yourself.
Do you feel overwhelmed?
That's another way of saying the "s" word that someone brought to my attention yesterday makes people feel even worse when they see it in print...
OK- overwhelmed it is! When we feel overwhelmed, we feel "out of control" and often have physical symptoms that are unpleasant or hidden and dangerous. So..how can we overcome overwhelm, accelerate resilience and be fearless? Here are a few suggestions:
1. Change your mindset-reframe, that is think of possibilities from different perspectives that may be less "worrisome".
3. Surround yourself with positive people. That is not always possible, so learn how to "shield" yourself from emotionally or verbally abusive people and acknowledge what they are doing-saying is from their perspective and is not necessarily the truth or "right".
4. Take a few minutes each day to reflect on your
5. Set specific goals that are realistic and attainable.
Oftentimes these stories are true. They are parts of our life and parts of our past that happened. Yes, you have been hurt and mistreated and lied to and cheated on and stolen from and stepped on. Yes, your childhood was far from stellar and you weren’t treated as well as you should have been by your parents. Yes, you have had trouble speaking up for yourself and have been walked on by others because of that. Yes, your health isn’t great and you have battled one illness after the other. Yes, you lost a lot of money in the stock market when the economy tanked. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. These are all facts. No one is denying that.
But by staying in these stories, you’re staying in the past. By staying in these stories, you’re making it next to impossible to move on and create a new story. By staying in these stories, you’re deciding to remain a victim. I know that these are harsh words, but they are true. Believe me, I know. I have stayed in my own disempowering stories for years.
But what I’m realizing is that if we continue to blame the circumstances of our past, we never have to take responsibility for our present and future. Our life will always be more of the same. If you have always been that way, then you are giving yourself a way out – you’ll never have to step up and change, right? But I know that I want to change, and I suspect that you do as well. Staying stuck in these stories is keeping us from moving forward into our dream lives – the lives that we feel we were born to live.
One thing that I find particularly fascinating about our stories is that we’ve carried them around for so long that we just assume they are our own. And yet, oftentimes they aren’t ours at all. They have been handed down in our family or given to us by society or projected onto us from someone who didn’t realize what they were doing – didn’t realize how impressionable we were and how powerful words can be.
If we dissected each story that we tell ourselves and others, we could begin to see where it came from.
Oftentimes these stories are passed down from generation to generation:
Sometimes we have unspoken stories in our family that are just beneath the surface:
Other times, someone told you a story when you were a child, and you accepted it as your own:
Sometimes, our stories come from society:
And sometimes, our stories come from a small part of ourselves that is afraid of change – afraid to fly toward our dreams:
Sometimes our stories are events that happened to us:
Sometimes our stories are made up from our behaviors:
But what every single story has in common is the fact that we can let go of it if we choose to. We don’t have to carry these stories around any longer. We can decide to create new stories that we tell ourselves and share with the world. And we can decide that right now.
I have decided to change my story.
These are some of the stories that I have repeated throughout my life:
I am shy. I have extreme stage fright. I don’t push through fears. I say no when I am given the opportunity to shine. My body is fragile. I am not able to physically do what most people can do. I have to treat myself with kid gloves a lot of the time. Money doesn’t come easily to me. I feel strange accepting money for sharing my gifts. You have to work hard and struggle to achieve in life.
I have begun to form my new story. Here is what I have so far:
I am grateful to be a part of this beautiful world. Everything flows easily to me and from me, including love, money, health, and happiness. I embrace every way that I can share my message with others, and I know that I am always supported by the universe each and every time I step into the public arena. I am strong – body, mind, and spirit. And I am always loved.
Now it’s your turn. Write down the story that you’ve been telling yourself and others. And then write down your new story. Your empowering, positive, uplifting, story. The one that you will feel proud to share. And then come back and share it with us on Soul Speak. We’re all waiting to hear it.
Jodi Chapman is the author of the inspirational blog, Soul Speak; the upcoming book, Coming Back to Life: How an Unlikely Friend Helped Me Reclaim My True Spirit; and the bestselling Soulful Journals series, co-authored with her amazing husband, Dan Teck. She would love to connect on Facebook and Twitter. Click here to receive her free ebook: As If: 50 Prompts to Help Manifest Your Ideal Life.
I bet you have. We all have.
How did you feel?
Excited? Elated? Proud? Light?
But what if while you were expecting to feel all of those emotions during the freefall between your old life and your dream life, you instead felt sick to your stomach and even more fearful than you already were?
What if during that freefall you started to question it all? What if you started to wonder why you had jumped in the first place? What if you worried that your dream wouldn’t be there to catch you?
What if that scared part of you began to ask yourself some tough questions: What were you thinking? Who were you to leap at all, anyway? Why couldn’t you just be happy and content with the way your life currently was? Why can’t you just enjoy this moment of pure faith – this moment of bravely leaping into the unknown?
What do you do if your freefall is filled with doubt and fear instead of joy and confidence?
You embrace it.
Seriously. While it may seem that this is the opposite of what you would want to do, it’s what you must do. If you resist it or judge it or run from it, it will only grow. When you embrace yourself for feeling this way and acknowledge the fearful feelings and the uncertainty, you allow yourself to move through it. And only when you move through it will it subside.
When you remind yourself that it’s perfectly normal and natural to feel this way, you give yourself permission to be in that space without judgment. When you remember how strong you were to leap in the first place – knowing that it took a special kind of bravery to be able to do that – you begin to turn these fearful feelings into empowered feelings. When you reconnect with that part of you who leaped because you couldn’t imagine doing anything else, you reconnect with your soul. When you pat yourself on the back for being strong enough to follow your heart, you begin to overpower any negative emotion. When you remind yourself how amazing you are for having the guts to do something like this, you allow the love to flow where before there was only fear.
And after all of this, you remember that the freefall is about surrender. The freefall is about faith. The freefall is about having complete trust that you are right where you are supposed to be.
When you land, you can reassess. When you land, you can make sure you’re really where you need to be. When you land, you can look around and see how this new world feels. When you land you can make sure it’s right. There is a time for all of this. But it’s not right now. Not during the freefall.
Embrace the freefall.
The freefall is evidence that you’re living fully. This is your moment to just sit back and relax. You did it. You leaped into pure faith – you believed that the universe and your dreams would support you and catch you. And they will.
Tell your mind that it’s all okay. Your heart knows this already. And your soul is leading the way.
There is no better feeling than landing right smack in the middle of a dream. And the only way to get there is to leap and freefall into it.
Embrace this moment.
This is your moment.
This is your freefall.
I am experiencing my own freefall right now as I’m getting ready to launch my first ecourse called Coming Back to Life (based on my upcoming book)!
I am excited and scared and joyful and worried and elated and uncertain all at the same time. But what I know in my heart is that I am so excited to offer this to you – so whatever fear is surrounding it needs to take a back seat so that I can bring it into the world.
I am so grateful that each of you are here to support me. I love that we are supporting each other. And that’s what this course is all about – coming back to life and reaching our dreams together. Let’s freefall together, too! (More details about the course soon – it starts on 9/17!)
Jodi Chapman is the author of the inspirational blog, Soul Speak; the upcoming book, Coming Back to Life: How an Unlikely Friend Helped Me Reclaim My True Spirit; and the bestselling Soulful Journals series, co-authored with her amazing husband, Dan Teck. She would love to connect on Facebook and Twitter. Click here to receive her free ebook: Journaling from the Soul – 100 Prompts for Self Exploration.