Are you wondering why you're you business isn't reaching all those lofty goals you set? Once Upon Time you had a wish for your business. You were excited motiviated and above all you believed in your dream. Are you thinking that wishes are just meant to stay that way, a wish? That couldn't be further from the truth. Which one of these wish killers are you guilty of committing?
How to Grow Your Buiness & Stay Away From the Wish
& Dream Killer Mistakes
1. You don't believe it. How many times have you made a wish thinking it is only a wish and wishes don't really come true? Maybe other people get their wish but not me. That may be the reason your wish is not coming true, you do not believe it will happen.
2. There is no deadline on your wish. Always put a deadline on a dream or wish. This action is the beginning of turning your wish into a reality. It is a way of keeping you focused and on track. No deadline No Manifestation.
3. There is no action plan. Once you have a wish you want to make a plan of action that has you starting that day. It's important to start while you are motivated. Even if you do one small step towards making your wish come true that is a step in the right direction.
4. Your making it more complicated than it has to be. Most of us grew up with the idea that the harder the better. Anything easy is not worth going after. Because of this we make things more difficult then they really are. The acronym KISS means, keep it simple stupid I replace stupid with smart-one. You get the idea. Less is more. Don't over think it just start and it will come together.
5. Holding on to self- limiting beliefs. The big excuses are a deal killer every time. This may sound familiar: You have to have money to make money. There are hundreds of ways to generate money for a project. One way is to involve a key influencer in your niche and suggest a joint venture. Get backers for your business the list goes on and on. Whatever you limiting belief is this is not the time to play that tape. Your tape needs to say I can do anything I set my mind to and watch me go.
6. Time is a big one. Not allowing enough time to complete it. If you set a deadline because you need to make money by that time you are setting yourself up for failure. If your wish is about starting a new business you need plenty of time. If you don't have the income to devote eight hours a day you can work part time or flex time to fund your business. Realize that you need more time since you may only devote ten hours a week to getting your business started.
Make sure you use those ten hours wisely. If you make them count you can accomplish the important elements that will set in place a strong foundation. Have a end date where you will quit your job and become a full time business owner. Without that date you can spin your wheels for years.
7. Giving up. This is one sure way to kill a wish. I see this wish killer the most. The reason, usually one of the six steps preceding this was skipped. The wish is not realized and people give up. They give up their dream because they think it isn't attainable. That isn't the case, anything is attainable, and you wouldn't have the dream in the first place if you didn't have the ability to take it all the way to success.
To sum it up, give your wish a deadline, write down the top three things you can do every day to make that wish a reality. Always start with the most important thing that moves you closer to your wish and break it into small easy steps that are attainable this way you don't resist starting each day.
Partner with someone who has the side of the equation you don't have, like a active list of at least 3,000 people. If you have something to offer that the other business partner needs that will make a winning venture. Don't get discouraged if the first couple of tries don't get the results you had hoped for. You will get there in time however, don't even think about giving up that is the only way your business dream won't come true.
Related Page: How to Make Your Wish Come True.
I would like to share with you my thoughts here about "finding balance".. I believe finding balance within you is the key.
"The key is not
to prioritize what's on your schedule but to schedule your
priorities." Stephen R. Covey
Balance is about developing a relationship with ourselves - in our expectations for daily achievement and enjoyment.
When you say "balance," what are you looking for? Remember that a rested mind is an efficient mind. Take time to honor your need for fun and rest today, and you will help yourself achieve your goals. Take time to relax and recharge, and plan vacations or at least weekends away if you can.
Take several "breaks" throughout your work day, including physical activity. New studies show six hours sleep is optimal per night. Inner strength and being centered are keys to life and business success
Stress has been identified as the #1 health risk in America!
Lifestyles and stress
levels can be changed with impressive
results! A warning to women: Don't let work be something
to die for.
Researchers at Harvard Medical School have found that women with highly stressful jobs face a 40 percent higher risk of cardiovascular disease. The study defined high stress jobs as ones where the woman felt she had little creativity or power to make decisions, despite being expected to perform tasks quickly. Stress levels were often raised because it is quite common for women have several non workplace tasks, including caring for children and aging relelatives.
Is it time to enjoy your life? Then make sure to make that a priority in your schedule! There is no such thing as having "life balance" or "work-life balance" all the time.
There are, however, individual tolerations if the balance is tipped too far. Be smart; stay in balance most of the time! This will keep you healthy and less stressed.
I believe that
a large part of balance is appreciating, acknowledging and being
grateful for your accomplishments. Another side is the
"joy" that comes from being able to accomplish so much for your
entire family- and extended family - community!
Do You Have Enough Fun?
Related Article: How to use Zen in your Business to create peace of mind & success.
Anger is one of our most primitive emotions. It always
has, it always will be. It can also be a lifesaver. When
emotions get bottled-up, it puts a tremendous strain on your
health, relationships, family, friends, community and business.
Anger is one way to let the volcano of emotions erupt
without immediate negative consequence, as long as you
know how to handle it, channel it and finally, transform
In addition, if you do not know how, call a buddy, a coach, a mentor or an accountability partner. The idea is to honor those powerful feelings of Anger, so that such energy can be transformed into something even more powerful that will soothe your soul. In a positive way, Anger can contribute to a better version of your future self. I know it is easier said than done, but non-the-less, it is by far a much better emotion than sadness, depression and isolation.
It helps both, your personal and professional life, not to mention how you reach out for help when you need it and believe me, you will. It also helps you FEEL BETTER about whatever is going on. Letting out a little steam will do wonders for your well-being, which at the end of the day, needs to be your focus of attraction. Yes, feeling good about yourself, is paramount, and the better you feel….the better you feel.
- Ì What is making you so Angry?
- Ì Analyze what is at the root of your feelings.
- Ì Was it just one single thing?
- Ì Was it an accumulation of many things? • Are you angry with yourself?
- Ì Are you angry with others?
- Ì Are you angry with everybody?
- Ì What can you do to feel better?
Identify one by one, all the causes. Some may even go back as early as childhood. In fact, many do. A sense of abandonment can also cause Anger to flare up. Any kind of losses, big and small, will trigger Anger to come to the surface. There is quiet Anger, and then there is straightforward rage. The latter can be very dangerous and highly detrimental, to all concerned. How do you use this powerful energy to your advantage?
- Ì Being angry can help you fight back.
- Ì The angrier you are, the more you feel the outrageous indignation.
- Ì Is it worth it?
- Ì However, staying angry may not serve your life’s purpose.
- Ì If you choose to stay angry, how does that help you?
- Ì If not, how can you change it?
- Ì Who do know that can help? (Very important!)
- Ì Identify the roots.
- Ì Channel the anger.
- Ì Transform the energy!
- Ì Then, create a plan! (Yes, even Anger needs a plan to become a better version of it; so ultimately, it can of effective HELP to YOU!)
- v Honor your Anger.
- v Acknowledge what you are feeling.
- v On a scale of 1 to 10, identify how angry you are.
- v Ask for help when you get close to a 7 or 8.
- v Get into the mindset, that whatever is going on, it is NOT your fault.
- v Do not punish yourself.
- v Do not doubt your self-worth.
- v Assume responsibility only for your part, and not someone else.
- v Focus on things that make you feel better.
- v Create a daily routine where every action leads to a better feeling place.
- v No matter what happens, you are a loving being and will always be. Remember that!
- v Anger sometimes comes with a sense of grief! Acknowledge it!
This is probably one of the hardest and MOST personal of all: Forgive yourself. Not because you have done anything wrong, but because you are angry enough to think that you did!
- v Identify.
- v Channelize.
- v Transform.
- v And finally, execute your action plan.
- v But not without: “Letting Go, and Letting God.”
Be gentle to yourself. This is a crucial time in your life, when something as powerful as Anger, can work wonders moving forward.
Related Article: How to over Come Challenges and create Happiness.
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP….I am lying on the table when the nurse says, the patient is ready doctor. It is then that I finally realize that it is here, that I have come this far I can’t pull back now. You can do this Danny, you’ve wanted this for so long and now it’s here, “what is the saying on your arm!? “COURAGE, ABILITY, STRENGTH!” Why turn back now? YOU CAN AND WILL PULL THROUGH THIS! LIFE has thrown you curve balls before, what do you think this is, huh, and what do you plan to do with it when it come’s heading towards you? DUCK, and KEEP MOVING FORWARD!
Life’s curve balls are different for everybody but WE CAN’T LET THEM GET IN THE WAY of PURSUING OUR DREAMS and OUR GOALS. Now I want you all to stop and close your eyes for a second, think of something that you want to do or have been wanting to do and GO DO IT! In the words of Winston Churchill “If you are going through hell KEEP GOING.”
Keep on Keeping on
WHAT CURVE BALLS ARE YOU CURRENTLY FACING? If you are looking for more support Danny offers a 1 hour motivational breakthrough session! During this session we can look at what is holding you back from feeling more confident and develop a plan of action to guide you step by step to feeling your happier and healthier. Learn more about the breakthrough session here
Daniel Cohen is an Wellness Counselor, Motivational mindset coach and body image consultant working with disabled and able bodied men, women and children breakthrough their mental mindset that stops them from pushing ahead He does this by designing specialized wellness programs that help MOTIVATE, EDUCATE and REVAMP their health and well-being. For more information or if you have any questions please contact him at the e-mail address or website below