The Zen Way of Life can be used for business with Mind Blowing Results.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins
with one small step"
It’s the getting started – the first small step that often seems insurmountable. Getting started can be tough. The good news is that when you do get started, things can roll along! There may be a few bumps in the road on the way to your goal, and that’s why it’s important not to take that personally (be obective as possible), detached from outcome (in the Zen tradition) and stay positive.
If you find yourself on the couch, perhaps the first small step is rolling over onto the floor – and if you have a pet getting some love there… smiling, laughing and feeling gratitude about whomever and whatever is happening well in your life.
It’s really important to be certain that a goal is something you really want- not just something that sounds good. Take all aspects of a situation into consideration, this helps to prevent self-sabotage. Having a realistic goal with a realistic time frame is important within a bigger picture. These are the “R” and “T” in SMART Goals.
Specific The goal should identify a specific action or event that will take place.
Measurable The goal and its benefits should be quantifiable.
Achievable The goal should be attainable given available resources.
Realistic The goal should require you to stretch some and point towards success.
Timely The goal should state the time period in which it will be accomplished
Write your goal in positive language. The more positive instructions you give yourself, the more positive results you get!
Here are a few more strategies for goal manifestation:
- Review and re-prioritize your goals frequently.
- Throughout the day ask yourself “does this take me closer or further from my goals(s)?”
- Give yourself permission to change your mind.
- Pay attention to your body, feelings, thoughts and
EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) can help remove blocks, release frustrations and negative energy and set you into positive action.
Related Article: How to Make Employee's Happy.
I will share with you now that the
single most gratifying thing for me is facilitating
another's enhancing happiness and that according to
research, this makes me a happier person!
It takes commitment and effort to become happier, as with any goal in life. Research shows that when people are happier, they become healthier and more curious, sociable, helpful, creative, and willing to try new things.
The first step to enhancing happiness may be to challenge your own ideas about happiness. The truth may set you free for a happier life starting right now! Please read on about a few myths about happiness that may be holding you back.
It's all about genetics
There's evidence that genetics
contributes to about 50% of your happiness. There are some
proven methods for enhancing happiness- such as nurturing
relationships, writing in a gratitude journal, committing random
acts of kindness, (helping others -- may be the most direct
route to happiness, notes Stephen G. Post, PhD, co-author
of Why Good Things Happen to Good People: The Exciting
New Research That Proves the Link Between Doing Good and Living a
Longer, Healthier, Happier Life). Beginning a program
of morning meditation or exercise can help too.
Changes like these -- proven methods for enhancing happiness -- can become habits after a while, which means they eventually take less effort.
Happiness is dependant on your circumstances
Robert Biswas-Diener, MS, founder of Meridian Life Coaching LLC and co-author ofHappiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth and Sonja Lyubormirsky, PhD, author of The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want and professor of psychology at the University of California, Riverside agree that lasting happiness has more to do with how you think and behave than with life's circumstances. Helping others with face to face interaction, including volunteering a few hours a week or doing five generous things in a week can significantly enhance your level of happiness. It's important that you choose activities that have a good personal fit.
Positive emotions must be more abundant than negative emotions for someone to experience happiness
Research has shown this is not true, except perhaps for people with depression or other serious disorders.
I hope this information has
helped to de-mystify happiness and inspired you to act on
something to enhance your happiness that is both
pleasureable and meaningful!
Listen to Moving Meditation®
|Track #2: Rythmic Movement|
|Track #7: Guided Relaxation|
A simple way to treat SAD.
BREAKFAST! It’s the MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY, it feeds the brain, jump starts our metabolisms and gets us ready to conquer whatever stands before us in the hours ahead, before lunch that is. Why is it then that most of us choose to skip this MOST IMPORTANT meal? Working with overweight men and women who lack self-esteem and self-confidence, the most common EXCUSE that I receive when I ask this question is, “I JUST DON’T HAVE TIME.” The reality is, WE ALL HAVE TIME. We just have to make it! YES, breakfast does take some effort in the morning but think of it this way when you start incorporating a GOOD, NUTRITIOUS BREAKFAST into your daily routine GREAT THINGS will start happening!
Here are some HEALTHY, QUICK WAYS to help YOU incorporate breakfast into your daily routine:
Start your day with a bowl of heart healthy oatmeal and an apple. Oatmeal contains heart healthy fiber and will give your brain and your body the energy it needs to start the day. Ten minute total cooking time.
3 hard-boiled eggs, 1 yolk, 1 banana and 1 piece of whole grain bread. Yolks are a source of GOOD FAT, choline which is great to boost brain health and loaded with vitamins and minerals. Prep time five minutes.
One bowl of high fiber cereal, one orange. Prep time 5 minutes.
Keep on Keeping on
What kind of changes are you Ready to make? If you are looking for more support Danny offers a 1 hour motivational breakthrough session! During this session we can look at what is holding you back from feeling more confident and develop a plan of action to guide you step by step to feeling your happier and healthier. Learn more about the breakthrough session here
Daniel Cohen is an Wellness Counselor, Motivational mindset coach and body image consultant working with disabled and able bodied men, women and children breakthrough their mental mindset that stops them from pushing ahead He does this by designing specialized wellness programs that help MOTIVATE, EDUCATE and REVAMP their health and well-being. For more information or if you have any questions please contact him at the e-mail address or website below
I’m sure that everyone has had something happen to them where you stop and think, “Why me? What did I do to deserve this?”
Even if we did understand why things happen I don’t think it would make it any easier.
Have you ever pushed through all of your fears, walked right up to the edge, and leaped toward your dreams?
I bet you have. We all have.
How did you feel?
Excited? Elated? Proud? Light?
But what if while you were expecting to feel all of those emotions during the freefall between your old life and your dream life, you instead felt sick to your stomach and even more fearful than you already were?
What if during that freefall you started to question it all? What if you started to wonder why you had jumped in the first place? What if you worried that your dream wouldn’t be there to catch you?
What if that scared part of you began to ask yourself some tough questions: What were you thinking? Who were you to leap at all, anyway? Why couldn’t you just be happy and content with the way your life currently was? Why can’t you just enjoy this moment of pure faith – this moment of bravely leaping into the unknown?
What do you do if your freefall is filled with doubt and fear instead of joy and confidence?
You embrace it.
Seriously. While it may seem that this is the opposite of what you would want to do, it’s what you must do. If you resist it or judge it or run from it, it will only grow. When you embrace yourself for feeling this way and acknowledge the fearful feelings and the uncertainty, you allow yourself to move through it. And only when you move through it will it subside.
When you remind yourself that it’s perfectly normal and natural to feel this way, you give yourself permission to be in that space without judgment. When you remember how strong you were to leap in the first place – knowing that it took a special kind of bravery to be able to do that – you begin to turn these fearful feelings into empowered feelings. When you reconnect with that part of you who leaped because you couldn’t imagine doing anything else, you reconnect with your soul. When you pat yourself on the back for being strong enough to follow your heart, you begin to overpower any negative emotion. When you remind yourself how amazing you are for having the guts to do something like this, you allow the love to flow where before there was only fear.
And after all of this, you remember that the freefall is about surrender. The freefall is about faith. The freefall is about having complete trust that you are right where you are supposed to be.
When you land, you can reassess. When you land, you can make sure you’re really where you need to be. When you land, you can look around and see how this new world feels. When you land you can make sure it’s right. There is a time for all of this. But it’s not right now. Not during the freefall.
Embrace the freefall.
The freefall is evidence that you’re living fully. This is your moment to just sit back and relax. You did it. You leaped into pure faith – you believed that the universe and your dreams would support you and catch you. And they will.
Tell your mind that it’s all okay. Your heart knows this already. And your soul is leading the way.
There is no better feeling than landing right smack in the middle of a dream. And the only way to get there is to leap and freefall into it.
Embrace this moment.
This is your moment.
This is your freefall.
I am experiencing my own freefall right now as I’m getting ready to launch my first ecourse called Coming Back to Life (based on my upcoming book)!
I am excited and scared and joyful and worried and elated and uncertain all at the same time. But what I know in my heart is that I am so excited to offer this to you – so whatever fear is surrounding it needs to take a back seat so that I can bring it into the world.
I am so grateful that each of you are here to support me. I love that we are supporting each other. And that’s what this course is all about – coming back to life and reaching our dreams together. Let’s freefall together, too! (More details about the course soon – it starts on 9/17!)
Jodi Chapman is the author of the inspirational blog, Soul Speak; the upcoming book, Coming Back to Life: How an Unlikely Friend Helped Me Reclaim My True Spirit; and the bestselling Soulful Journals series, co-authored with her amazing husband, Dan Teck. She would love to connect on Facebook and Twitter. Click here to receive her free ebook: Journaling from the Soul – 100 Prompts for Self Exploration.
No one wants to think about dying.
A lot of us live our lives not thinking about the end.
We always thing we’ll have enough time to do all of the things we want… “some day.”
But how many times have you heard people (or maybe yourself) say that they wished they had done something before they were too old, before they had kids or got married or turned 50, 60 or 70?
- Kissing and hugging my husband and children as often as they will let me and really mean it. (Some of them like it more than others!)
- Never leaving the house without telling my family that I love them or hanging up the phone when I talk to my mom without saying it too.
- I always stop what I am doing and listen to anyone when they are talking, even if my 4 year old is telling me for the tenth time that she saw a butterfly and what color it is.
Do you have what it takes to be an Entrepreneur?
To ask for help when needed?
- To make quick and smart decisions on the spur of the moment?
- To invest in yourself, long-term?
- To have the courage to put yourself first?
To TRUST that everything will be okay?
I know these are loaded questions, but just like the elephant in the room, they need to be addressed.
There are times when internal fortitude is needed, and it happens when needing to ask for help, needing to make quick decisions, putting you first, and “trusting” that everything will work out at the end. They sound simple enough; however, they can be monumental steps when you don’t know what to do or how to do it.
The good news is, the more you practice, the easier it gets, until it becomes second hand.
There is one thing, though, intrinsically connected to this process of practice, is your willingness to have a higher sense of self-awareness to all that is happening to you. In other words, acknowledge the Elephant in the Room.
The second thing is
having a grateful heart for all the
lessons learned, all of what you have, and all of what’s yet to
Have What It Takes... to be an Entrepreneur
- Do you ask for help in a direct and straight-forward manner or do you try to exaggerate the story to make it even more compelling and delicious?
- Are you quick on your feet to make important decisions, or do you second-guess yourself constantly? And, do you allow self-doubt to play a role in your decision-making process?
- When you think of long-term investments, financial or otherwise, do you consider yourself first? Or do others play a more important role in making those future provisions?
- Do you make a conscious decision to put yourself first, above anyone else, or is that difficult for you to do?
- Do you have what it takes to TRUST in something higher and bigger than yourself that everything will be okay?
Options You For Having What it Takes to be an Entrepreneur:
- On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your level of difficulties to accomplish the above-named tasks. In fact, print out this page, and start rating; 1 being the least difficult, 10 being the most difficult.
- Anything in between, rate it at average and on each of your answers explain to yourself why the levels are what they are.
- This exercise will give you a great deal of clarity moving forward and it will help you improve performance where needed.
- To achieve desired results, understand your willingness to change, and your willingness to embrace change. This is very important.
Do You Have What It Takes... to be an Entrepreneur Action Plan :
Some of these activities will be more difficult than others, and they will be at different levels. Some of them may even be painful, especially if they’ve never been addressed before.
Your job is to identify, clarify, transform, and ALIGN THEM! There has to be a balance and correlation of thought, speech, and vibrational feelings, with well coordinated actions to fit the ultimate results. All talk and no action equals nothing. Just like knowledge, if you don’t apply it, you will get no results.
- Know who to ask for guidance, direction and advice.
- Tell your story from a matter-of-fact place, rather than a victim’s place. However, it’s important to tell your story. Do NOT hold back.
- Remember a victim’s mindset attracts poverty, lack and scarcity, while a decisive, self-confident mindset, attracts more of the same. Do not let the shadows of Self-Doubt cloud your judgment, imagination, and your ability to decide. It is always wise to have an accountability partner to stand with you and by you in times of uncertainty and need.
- Decide to put yourself first. Though tricky and difficult for some, if not you, who?….and if not now, when? It becomes a matter of practicing extreme self-care and self-love when you make such conscious decision and raise your level of awareness that whatever you do matters, at a very high level. Anything else you may tell yourself is an excuse to either avoid something, or make someone else feel good about who they are. So you see, YOU must consider yourself first. You are the FOUNDATION, what would happen without it?
- Lastly, and this is a biggie, TRUST that everything will work out for the best at the end. It is very hard to let go and trust; however, this is your place of peace, and where you attain your highest sense of SELF. With such heightened sense of clarity comes the ability to make better decisions, to find those that can effectively help you, the ability for deeper self-love and care, and a much higher sense of self-confidence and self-worth.
the “do you have what it takes”, dig into your “considerations”,
exercise your “options,” and finally, TAKE ACTION towards a
better business, a better life, and a better YOU.
RELATED ARTICLE: Do You Have What It Takes... to be an Entrepreneur?