“Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things.” ~ Eric Butterworth
In order to make changes, however, sometimes we need to look at the limiting themes that have repeated themselves in our life. These limiting themes tend to be repeated as a result of fear. Fear of change, fear of failure, even worse, fear of success. And maybe that was okay in the past, maybe you needed that fear for a while. But it is time now to get rid of it and start living a life filled with prosperity and abundance.
Do you really believe that you can have an abundant life or have you put a lid on your dreams, blocked your hopes and allowed yourself to become resigned to settling for less.
One of the most pivotal steps in improving your life from the inside out is the ability to open your channels of desire and to clearly define what it is that you most want. For many people this is an uncomfortable process. But this process can be made much easier with something called smart goals.
S Specific, simple
M Measurable, meaningful to you
A As if now (think of your goals as already being accomplished)
Achievable in all areas of life
R Realistic, something achievable
T Time them in the present and moving toward what you want rather than
away from what you do not want.
Remember that obstacles will come up and when they do, you will deal with them. Picture yourself setting a very simple goal. Walking across a room to open a window. As you head toward the window, things come up, perhaps a piece of furniture or a pet might run across your path or someone might stop you to talk for a moment. That doesn’t stop you from reaching your goal, you make adjustments. Go around the furniture, stop to talk whatever is needed but you keep the goal in view and you reach it.
I know this sounds very basic, but it is very basic. Those people who reach their goals keep adjusting their course until the goal is reached, and they never, ever give up because they have never doubted that they will reach their goal.
It is our desires that keep us alive and magnetic. People without strong desires slowly whither away, living only shadow lives of who they are and who they were meant to be. The more we allow the energy of desire to flow through us, the more vibrant and alive we become, the more connected we feel, and life just gets better and better.
So, set those goals, dream those dreams and allow desire to flow through every aspect of your life. The universe is listening and will respond if your motives are pure, your goals are clear and you believe that it will.
I am committed to helping everyone achieve their personal and professional goals working from the inside out and by releasing and removing negative emotions and old baggage. It is easier than you think.
Linda Simmon, C.Ht.
After over 20 years of being a paralegal, Linda Simmon decided it was time to take a new direction with her life. She is a graduate of The Hypnosis Motivation Institute, the first nationally accredited school for hypnotherapy in the United States and is now dedicated to helping people get new beginnings. For more information on Linda, her CD’s, workshops and downloadable sessions as well as telephone or face to face sessions, visit www.newhypnotherapy.com
Astrologically, the Cancer Sun has been pushed, prodded and jerked around by Pluto, Uranus and Saturn over the last couple weeks. It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Betty Davis in All About Eve, “Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night.” What a great line said by a very great lady.
If you’ve felt this way too, take heart because on July 23, the Sun moves into fiery and flamboyant Leo and all this emotional turmoil will fade. You could find yourself willing to embrace everything the Universe throws your way!
Leo loves a party and this is the time you should embrace that part of your personality. Sometimes it seems that all we can do and think about is work and struggle, but if ever there was a time to get back in touch with your inner child, this is it. Leo is also about being true to yourself, so don't be afraid to grab life by the horns. Do everything your way and with extra flair -- and have fun flaunting it!
Linda Simmon, C.Ht.
If you feel you need a bit of help releasing the negative and embracing the positive, don’t forget I’m still running a hypnotherapy special. Half price sessions through August 31st.
For those who don't know me, here's a short bio.
Linda Simmon, C.Ht., is a highly sought after consultant, hypnotherapist, life coach, speaker and a graduate of The Hypnosis Motivation Institute, the first nationally accredited school for hypnotherapy in the United States and the creator of New Beginnings dedicated to helping people everywhere get a new beginning by helping them break through barriers that are holding them back and helping them transform their lives. For more information on Linda, her CD’s, downloadable sessions, E-Book and workshops, visit www.newhypnotherapy.com
To be successful at networking, one needs to be effective. Here are a few essentials:
§ You must enjoy meeting new people and making friends
§ You must enjoy connecting with others and show interest in getting to know them
§ You must enjoy being out and socializing with others, with no agenda
§ You must enjoy having fun with people
§ Your idea of success must be related to building and nurturing good relationships
What contributes to effective networking?
§ People who smile readily tend to be more approachable and this encourages conversation.
§ Have a firm handshake – it emits confidence in who you are
§ Make eye contact when speaking to others
§ Dress nicely- there’s nothing more appealing than to look at someone with a crisp, clean and well-coordinated outfit.
What leaves a lasting impression?
§ A smiling and relaxed facial gesture
§ Interesting Conversations
§ Funny or inspiring stories about your life and others’
§ The questions you ask them, and the way you respond to their questions
§ Your positive and relaxed body language signals
How important is follow up?
§ Follow up within 24 hours after your first meeting
§ Remember some of the activities/hobbies the other person is involved in and suggest related events
§ Send an article or information relating to a topic you discussed
§ Offer free session on your product/service or complimentary tickets to an event
§ Give a referral or resource related to your conversation at first meeting- it shows interest in what they do or like
Remember it’s the little things that make a big difference!
Successful networking brings successful outcomes!
When you learn how to easily overcome obstacles to achieve greater success, and you can be unstoppable!
Getting laid off, losing a key contract to a competitor, receiving a rejection letter, facing a serious illness, losing your home in a natural disaster, experiencing the heartache of having a romantic relationship end are just a tiny handful of the obstacles you could encounter.
What matters is how you approach these obstacles; how you react and cope.
Sadly, most people do not know how to easily overcome obstacles and see the task as as impossible, the end to their dreams or a serious impediment to their happiness.
And while it's normal and okay to experience sadness, frustration and even anger at the obstacles you face, you can't let obstacles stop you or drag you down.
That's why you can be unstopable and achieve your goals when adversity presents itself with my help: contact me now to arrange a complimentary consult via phone or Skype. we'll discuss the proven ways successful people easily overcome obstacles ...so you become an unstoppable success!
*I can help and empower you to SOAR! to your greatest heights of happiness, productivity and success! See tips below from my interactive manual:
I look forward to hearing you from you for a complimentary consult via telephone or skype:
516 623 4353 BalanceandPower
If you need immediate help here are some stress tips you can implement today:
Take Cleansing Breaths: Three
sets of deep inhalations through the nose (belly
and exhaling through the nose, (abdomen deflating) can (temporarily) change
- Stretch: Practice Office Yoga and the Moving Meditation® Fitness Program throughout the day to release/reduce tension and increase energy.
- Walk: A five minute walk outside can change your mood and mindset.
- Listen to Music: A mood changer.
- Eat Peacefully: This aids the digestion and gives you "time away". Leave your office!
- Allow Time: Give yourself extra time for the unexpected.
- Smile and Laugh: Humor has been proven effective in reducing stress.
You may contact
me for a complimentary 15 minute telephone consult. I
coach individuals and groups via phone, skype and face to face in
the NY area.
What people are saying about Eileen's Seminars & Coaching
"Eileen's Presentation was very engaging and well received by all. We are living in an economic climate full of stress and endless things to do. Most people do not take the time out of their busy schedules to relax, balance and effectively manage the stress in their lives. Your program is highly recommended for all to become a well-rounded, balanced person."
- Georgia Joseph-Gant, Director
Freeport Business & Professional Resource Support Group
"I knew the road that I had to go down. This class gave me the focus I needed for the journey."
- Ibrahim Zahran, Nassau County Sheriff
Most of us will have food addictions and cravings that are not so healthy for our bodies, however if we can minimize them, stop procrastinating and get over it, tell the truth about it, and deal with them, we could actually heal them in a much lighter way. Some of us are afraid to even tell the truth about what we crave. One of my vegetarian clients just revealed to me that she still has cravings for bacon. I had to laugh and just tell him thank you for telling me the truth.
Here are some common food addictions and food cravings that we have, what they mean, and what you can do about them.
The Bread/Pasta Addiction/Craving
The Metaphysical Meaning
Having bread and pasta addictions from a metaphysical sense means that you are spiritually empty. We use food as a filler for being spiritually empty. Work on your spiritual practices. Fill yourself up with meditation, prayers, and writing gratitude lists. Get present to being empty. Enroll a prayer partner and become a prayer warrior.
Food substitutions - whole grain or wheat pasta and vegetable pastas like zucchini, jicama, beets, carrots, various forms of squash. (You need a spiralizer to make these vegetable pastas). For bread try Manna Bread which is readily available in Whole foods and health food stores.
The Sugar Addiction/Craving
The Metaphysical Meaning
You are missing the sweetness in life. You probably do not have much joy in your life and you probably do not deal with stress too well. Focus on what activity can you do right now that doesn't cost any money or require a lot of time that would feed your joy right NOW. It could be watching a funny movie, talking to a funny friend, watching a goofy YouTube video, or hula hooping with a child.
Food substitutions - agave nectar, maple syrup, honey, stevia, yacon syrup, lucuma powder, and sweet fruits
The Salt Addiction/Craving
The Metaphysical Meaning
You are undernourished and you probably have a feeling of being unappreciated. Craving salt can also mean that you have a thyroid disorder which stems from a mineral deficiency as most table salt lacks minerals. Minerals are in the soil, in the earth and the earth does what for us, She gives, she nurtures, she nourishes us with everything our bodies, minds, and spirits need. So craving salt could mean that you are craving nourishment for your body, mind, and spirit so ask yourself what would nourish you? Reading a book, writing a poem, praying, spending time with family members, etc.
Food substitutions - seaweed, iodine supplements, celtic sea salt, himalayan sea salt, herbamare, etc.
The best thing you can do for food addictions is to detox and cleanse the body regularly by doing herbal detoxes, raw food detoxes, vegetable juice cleanses, etc. The more you cleanse and empty the body, the mind, and the spirit the more you will see how you start to crave the spiritually fulfilling, sweet, yet good salty foods in life and you won't miss the breads, pastas, and artificial sugar and salt.
Check out my Detox Your Life in 7 Days Course to learn more about food addictions and cravings. Visit www.nwennakai.com/detox-program
Caution: Marketing without a plan may lead to business failure.
According to Winston Churchill: "He who fails to plan, is planning to fail.”
The steps below for how to write a marketing plan presume that you have already done the important work of determining your niche, identifying your perfect clients and analyzing your strengths and weaknesses when compared to the competition. In addition, you should have already established your goals and intentions for the next 12 month period.
The purpose of the marketing plan
is to provide direction for your marketing activities so that you
can achieve or exceed the goals and intentions that you
set. It’s a roadmap to keep you focused and in
action. Without action, your goals are just dreams.
If you don’t know how to write a marketing plan, follow the five
steps listed below.
How to Write a Marketing Plan:
- Determine the marketing strategies that you are going to employ to achieve your goals. For example, you might decide to grow your online presence as one of your strategies for the year. That strategy will be used as an example as we work through the How to Write a Marketing Plan Process. The best strategies provide direction, a time frame, and a means for measurement. So instead of just saying the strategy is to grow your online presence, you would say, for example, that by the end of the year you want to grow your newsletter subscribers to xxx number, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In friends to a specific number each, and improve the ranking of your blog to a certain number.
2. The next step is to determine what tactics you are going to undertake for each of your strategies. For example, what tactics will you use to grow your online presence – will you blog, create and post videos, write articles, email newsletters and press releases, use social media, or a combination of the above? Select the tactics that resonate with you and are proven to get the results that you are looking for from your efforts.
3. Once you’ve determined your tactics, you need to schedule them throughout the year. Some tactics might be done annually, for example you might host a tele-summit once a year. Others might be quarterly, such as online press releases, and some might be monthly, weekly or even daily, such as posting to social media sites. I encourage my clients, especially those that want to be perceived as experts in their field, to be strategic in their online efforts by choosing a theme for each week, based on a keyword or two. That way they can create all of their online efforts for that week around the keywords. For example, their blog posts, weekly video, and posts to social media would all be about the subject for the week. To get a better understanding of how you could use this technique to increase your bottom line, visit my website and download the FREE tool, entitled Monthly Online Visibility Worksheet. You can use a worksheet such as this for other marketing strategies as well. Contact me if you’d like more information about how to use this form.
4. The next step in how to write a marketing plan is to implement your plan and follow through. Many entrepreneurs enjoy the planning process but then fail to implement their plan. If you find yourself procrastinating when it comes to taking the actions you have chosen and scheduled, don’t wait - seek help. Perhaps there’s something holding you back that a sales coach could help you discover and release or possibly get into action by joining a mastermind group that holds you accountable to your plan.
5. The final step is to measure and analyze your results every month. By consistently reviewing your results, you can see what needs to be tweaked and/or what’s working well for you. Remember, however, that the key in marketing is consistency, so don’t be too quick to abandon something that isn’t giving immediate results.
Use this five step How to Write a Marketing Plan Process to keep yourself in action moving daily towards your goals. This will ultimately increase both your satisfaction with your business and your bottom line.
Instead of just getting frustrated, tell yourself that it's time to stop struggling! There are some easy strategies you can use to help you.
Try these techniques to better balance your work and home life:
1. Use a planner.
You can save yourself a lot of time just by planning out your days. Include both business and personal commitments to ensure that you're using your time effectively. You can use the free calendars offered by MSN/Hotmail or Google or any other electronic device.
2. Be flexible.
While it's important to plan a schedule, include room for a certain amount of flexibility. If you're schedule is too rigid, it's easy to become stressed out. Leave some time for new commitments and have a Plan B in mind for tasks that could take longer than anticipated. If you feel inspired to do something that 's not on your list, do it. Listening to your intuition has a huge impact on your inner peace and your ability to balance your work and home life.
- If you find that you've been spending too much time on work or home life one week, shift your focus over to the other one for the following week.
3. Maintain communication.
Many times you're not the only one who's suffering when you're having trouble balancing your work and home life. Let your work partners know when you need to spend extra time with personal commitments and let your family know when work will be taking up extra time and focus.
- Plan some extra quality time for the neglected party. For example, if you need to work late one day, see if you can take off early the next. If you can't spare the time, then plan some quality time with your loved ones to make your time together even more special.
4. Have backups who you can call on.
Even with good planning skills, sometimes things come up that tend to throw everything awry. This is when advance planning for someone to back you up will help you to stay on track.
- If you must be away from work for personal issues, have someone cover for you, if possible, so you're not overwhelmed when you return to your regular schedule.
- If you need to spend too much time away from home due to work commitments, plan some fun activities for the kids with relatives or friends and have someone agree to help with the housework. This way, you won't face a total mess when you return to your regular home life.
5. Take breaks.
Even on your busiest days, schedule in some time for yourself, even if it's only 15 minutes in a relaxing bath. This time gives you a chance to recoup from the stresses of the day and you can return to your tasks renewed and refreshed. Take short breaks at work, too. When you finish your break, you'll be more productive.
- This is extremely important if you work from your home. Too many homeworkers opt to take a break from their business by doing the dishes or some other household chore. Breaks are "me" time. Read a book, take a short walk or meditate.
If you're worried about home when you're at work, and worried about work when you're at home, then you aren't truly using your time wisely. If your head isn't in the moment, you'll have a hard time spending quality time to get things done and moving forward. Worry is mentally rehearsing the very things that you do not want to happen.
- Focus on what you need to do in each moment and get it done so there's more time left to do what you really want to do! Don't rush through it, learn to enjoy the process.
There are only a certain number of hours in the day, but you'll have time for the things that are truly important to you as long as you use your time effectively. Use these tips to help you balance your work and home life, and you'll find a greater harmony between the two!
Cindy Holbrook is a Certifified Professional Confidence and Empowerment Life Coach. Her webiste CindySense.com offers inspirational tips and articles on how to build your confidence, find the power to say "no" and follow your dreams by listening to your inner voice. Sign up for her free Bi-Weekly Inspirational and Empowering Newsletter.
In addition to being an expert at Motivational Whisperers, Cindy is the facilitator of the Motivational Whisperers Success Charged Master Mind Group.
- Being cut off on the road
- Traffic congestion
- Long waiting in a doctor's office
- Long lines in the store, post office, bank to wait on
- Crowded buses and trains
- Being wrongly accused
- A friend joking about a sensitive topic
- Having an untidy roomate or family member
- Having to clean up someone else's mess
- Being placed on hold for long periods of time while on the telephone
- Having difficulty understanding someone on the telephone in customer service
- Being given wrong directions
- Having anything stolen from you
- Rumors spread about you
- Having a neighbor who plays the stereo too loud, etc.
It is also possible for specific events to touch on sensitive
areas in your life. These "red flags" usually refer to long
standing issues that can easily lead to anger. For example,
even though you may be a good reader as an adult, a
childhood slowness sensitivity may be evoked when someone rushes
us or becomes impatient re completing an application or form, or
when someone calls us "slow" or "stupid".
As an anger coach and being US Court certified as an Anger Management Specialist I help individuals and groups to learn how to deal with anger provoking events and triggers. You may contact me to find out how we can work together via telephone, skpe or face to face in Long Island, NY.
Many people regularly visit sites like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube; And, these are not the only social media sites out there – the choices are almost endless.
Utilize the sites to get recognition, establish a brand and raise awareness of your products and services. People frequent these sites to have fun and to get to know people. Get creative and make yourself a fun person to get to know and watch your business soar.
Top 3 Benefits of Social Media:Develop Relationships:
A benefit of social media is that it allows you to establish real relationships with highly qualified leads and other business owners, which could lead to future joint ventures. Social media allows you to quickly and easily build a large network of supporters and loyal followers. Experts say that a customer needs to hear your name or brand at least seven times before it trusts you. The more you socialize and promote yourself in a friendly, professional manner, the more recognizable and trustworthy you become in the eyes of potential customers.
Drive high quality traffic to your site with regular posts that will entice people to visit your site. Social media profiles frequently rank higher with the search engines, so a quality article or video that has been optimized for the search engines can rank higher – thus driving more traffic to your site. You own site can rank higher when people read your interesting posts, click over to your site and then add a link on their site. People that are interested in what you have will often repost your articles/posts of interest on other social media sites or on news-sites. Increased traffic will lead to more subscribers on your opt-in-list.
Good, fun, quality posts, tweets and you-tube videos can quickly make their rounds around the internet to create interest for your product or service. It is possible to create a brand and sell products and services only through the social media sites – without your own site. Though it’s more beneficial to you in the long wrong to direct traffic to your site and engage customers by asking their opinions, having contests or offering them special promotions. The more your customers interact with you and your site, the more likely they are to purchase your products and recommend you to their friends – online and off.
If all of this sounds daunting to you – Fear Not! Join the Supercharged Success Master Mind Group for Entrepreneurs and get ALL the details on the numerous ways to Build Relationships, Generate Traffic and Promote Products.
Cindy Holbrook is a Certified Confidence and Empowerment Coach, webmistress of CindySense.com. an expert at Motivational Whisperers and the facilitator of Motivational Whisperers Success Charged Master Mind Group beginning April 6 2011.