By Balance & Power, Inc. · Baldwin, NY
I offer peak performance life and career success coaching. Promoting Optimal Happiness and Productivity in Your Life. Imagine a life free of…
$100-150 per hour
contact me for a complimentary telephone consult
516 623 4353
The severity of the news has parents and educators and people generally struggling with how to cope . Many in the Northeastern US are still recovering from Storm Sandy. Here are a few things to keep in mind and resources below:
· Don't leave news unattended in the house. Children absorb information like sponges, so what you may tune out as background noise, they notice. Be sure to stay with your kids when the news is on. Better yet, do not have the news on (for everone's peace of mind:)). Unlimited exposure to the news' cycle repetition (especially with developing stories) amplifies the issue.
· Even the youngest children respond to the faces they see on TV. Seeing other children unhappy or crying is particularly upsetting to them.
· Children can't process where something happened -- especially when the images are in their own livingroom. Make a point of explaining the images are coming from somewhere far away, to help your children feel safe where they are.
· Talk to your children about what's in the news. Even when you don't know what to say, ask them what they think -- and, most importantly, how it makes them feel.
Detailed information is available from a variety of sources, and it's important to compare what 'experts' have to say in order for you to find your own comfort zone:
Resources for Parents and Educators:
* Common Sense Media: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators
* Save the Children: http://www.savethechildren.org/cope
* American Psychological Association: http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/aftermath.aspx
* National PTA: http://www.pta.org/schoolviolence
* National Association of School Psychologists:http://www.nasponline.org/
* Kaiser Foundation: http://www.kff.org/entmedia/upload/7638.pdf
When Words Fail, Kindness Is The Only Answer
Please be sure to hug your children, if for no
other reason, than simply because, you can.
Need help? (for your kids or yourself): call or email for a complimentary consult: email@example.com 516 623 4353
Are you wondering why you're you business isn't reaching all those lofty goals you set? Once Upon Time you had a wish for your business. You were excited motiviated and above all you believed in your dream. Are you thinking that wishes are just meant to stay that way, a wish? That couldn't be further from the truth. Which one of these wish killers are you guilty of committing?
How to Grow Your Buiness & Stay Away From the Wish
& Dream Killer Mistakes
1. You don't believe it. How many times have you made a wish thinking it is only a wish and wishes don't really come true? Maybe other people get their wish but not me. That may be the reason your wish is not coming true, you do not believe it will happen.
2. There is no deadline on your wish. Always put a deadline on a dream or wish. This action is the beginning of turning your wish into a reality. It is a way of keeping you focused and on track. No deadline No Manifestation.
3. There is no action plan. Once you have a wish you want to make a plan of action that has you starting that day. It's important to start while you are motivated. Even if you do one small step towards making your wish come true that is a step in the right direction.
4. Your making it more complicated than it has to be. Most of us grew up with the idea that the harder the better. Anything easy is not worth going after. Because of this we make things more difficult then they really are. The acronym KISS means, keep it simple stupid I replace stupid with smart-one. You get the idea. Less is more. Don't over think it just start and it will come together.
5. Holding on to self- limiting beliefs. The big excuses are a deal killer every time. This may sound familiar: You have to have money to make money. There are hundreds of ways to generate money for a project. One way is to involve a key influencer in your niche and suggest a joint venture. Get backers for your business the list goes on and on. Whatever you limiting belief is this is not the time to play that tape. Your tape needs to say I can do anything I set my mind to and watch me go.
6. Time is a big one. Not allowing enough time to complete it. If you set a deadline because you need to make money by that time you are setting yourself up for failure. If your wish is about starting a new business you need plenty of time. If you don't have the income to devote eight hours a day you can work part time or flex time to fund your business. Realize that you need more time since you may only devote ten hours a week to getting your business started.
Make sure you use those ten hours wisely. If you make them count you can accomplish the important elements that will set in place a strong foundation. Have a end date where you will quit your job and become a full time business owner. Without that date you can spin your wheels for years.
7. Giving up. This is one sure way to kill a wish. I see this wish killer the most. The reason, usually one of the six steps preceding this was skipped. The wish is not realized and people give up. They give up their dream because they think it isn't attainable. That isn't the case, anything is attainable, and you wouldn't have the dream in the first place if you didn't have the ability to take it all the way to success.
To sum it up, give your wish a deadline, write down the top three things you can do every day to make that wish a reality. Always start with the most important thing that moves you closer to your wish and break it into small easy steps that are attainable this way you don't resist starting each day.
Partner with someone who has the side of the equation you don't have, like a active list of at least 3,000 people. If you have something to offer that the other business partner needs that will make a winning venture. Don't get discouraged if the first couple of tries don't get the results you had hoped for. You will get there in time however, don't even think about giving up that is the only way your business dream won't come true.
Related Page: How to Make Your Wish Come True.
Yes change is scary but in order for any change to occur we must all be willing to to stretch our legs so to speak, not a lot, just a little. Remember Rome wasn’t built in a day and no change happens over night.
We must also remember that a little change goes a long way, each day make it a goal to make a small
change, I will give examples of this below but after making these small changes daily or even weekly, you will start seeing the BIG CHANGE in your life that you have been looking for and you will continue to THRIVE and GROW and as Ghandi once said you will start to be the CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD!
Some examples of Small Change:
Have 1 less cigarette
Have 1 less cup of coffee
talk to 1 stranger on the street
Join a social group
Have 1 less cookie
Keep on Keepin on Everyone
Are you ready for a change? Feeling that you have lost Hope? If you are looking for more support Danny offers a 1 hour motivational breakthrough session! During this session we can look at what is holding you back from feeling your best and finding your happiness. Learn more about the breakthrough session here
Daniel Cohen is a Wellness Counselor and a Body Image Consultant
working with overweight men, women and children breakthrough
their mental mindset that stops them from pushing ahead and
reaching their weightloss goals. He does this by designing
specialized wellness programs that help MOTIVATE, EDUCATE and
REVAMP their health and well-being. For more information or if
you have any questions please contact him at the e-mail address
or website below.
Related Article: Can You Change Your Worst Hapbits?
The good news is that research has been documenting
that anyone who has a strong intention to change a habit
or create a new behavioral pattern can do it (short of big
physiological challenges such as addictions).
It takes at least 21 days of repetition with no backslide. If one backslides, then starting from day one is indicated.
So with the above as a premise then coaching becomes even more positive for the coachee! This is what happens:
- When someone contacts me for a consult for stress-anger management coaching and sounds motivated (vs. depressed; keep in mind I'm talking about coaching, not therapy) then I am happy to share this research and they are happy get started.
- Each aha, each positive action becomes part of the bigger success plan.
- The accountability is both to themselves and to me. The progress begins with the first conversation when there is motivation involved.
- When the goals have been reached, the coachee is encouraged too indulge in healthy celebration!
- Stay in communication for open ended follow up.
complimentary telephone consults for
Peak Performance Success Coaching/Training for your Life & Career.
Traditional coaching strategies are integrated with transformational mind/body techniques including EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, Meridian Tapping).
Next Article on Change: One small step can make a big change.
It's simple, if you have a prosperity mindset you know that each
day requires you to take action.
Here are other ways:
Study the Way Successful People Act Try to learn by example. If you admire someone successful then do
what they do. Learn by example. Reach out to those that you admire. It may come
as a surprise but people love to know when they move people and
Dreaming and affirming will not take the place of setting a goal.
How will you get there? Think about it, write it down. Set
realistic, achievable goals. Stick to it.
Realize that even the most successful people have had failures
and times when they wanted to give up just like you and I!
Constantly have an image in mind of your goal, paste it up on your
wall at home, or near where you are all day! Remind yourself and
revel in it! Act like it has already happened!
Everyone defines prosperity differently.
It would do you well to speak with a coach if you are questioning
your beliefs or you are not sure you can adopt this mindset on your
own. A coach can break it down for you to look at in a more
clear way and make a plan for your journey.
Related Article: 81 Out of this World Motivational Words and Tips
I have had a lot of personal struggles with time management, being a woman trying to manage time between my career, my businesses and my household have been very challenging. I have missed several opportunities because I simply and honestly didn't have the energy to follow through on a lot of occassions. I have just recently started to master listening to myself and my body, and in listening to myself I found that the body is genious.
Our bodies will let us know when to sit down, when to get rest etc.
I was trying to cram my schedule together, make things fit because I felt that if I could get more things accomplished in my day it would make me feel better. Wrong!
Craming and trying to frame things isn't who it is that I truly am, and it took a minute for me to understand and realize that. So what I started to do was reach out for help from my support system to work this problem out, my take away after several conversations was to give myself permission to go with the flow. My flow, my way.
So once I started to gather my thoughts and pull this whole thing together, my schedule, my me time and my goals it all started to fall into place. You see I am not just an entrepreneur, I also have a full time job so one of the first things that I did with the help of my coach was rearrange my schedule based on my days off.
I don't have a regular schedule my days off fall on tuesday and wednesday, and as I tried to cram my business in those days it wasn't working. She suggested that I make one of those my day off, which is wednesday.
I was excited, I wanted to do something different for my first day off, I wanted to experience the freedom that I hadn't felt in a long time. So I went to the beach, it was 60 degrees that day and it was an hour long drive. I got there and I saw older couples walking on the boardwalk holding hands happy and full of joy.
I thought to myself this is what it feels like! I walked for eight miles and I took pictures and recorded the sound of the water hitting the rocks. I let the sun shine inside my heart. I set my intentions for the day and inhaled the air as if I were thirsty. I gave myself permission to let go, to breathe, and realign myself to flow effortlessly on my journey to help others do the same.
Give Yourself Permission to JUST BE __________________.
Alisa J. Green
Certified Life Coach|Connecting Catalyst| Self-Care Specialist
"From defending to defining to designing"
Related Article: How to Start Your Day Feeling Great
Everyone needs motivational words & tips to get you
pumped up and ready to rock! That is exactky what
is going to happen after reading these amazing tips qoutes and
words of wisdom from over 70 experts in self Improvement, social
media, marketing and motivation of course.
What is Motivation? It comes from your excitement about what you want or what you are doing. Some people are just naturally motivated to accomplish their goals and make their dreams come true.
If you're not one of those people or if you're in a low mood and
need some quick and easy ways to get yourself up and going again
Read on and book mark this page you will want to visit
“There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to success, not going all the way and not starting.”
These motivational words & tips will get you going and into ACTION and once your action, it is natural to keep up the momentum. Pick the easiest motivation tip and start with that. You do not want to pick something you may end up not completing or worse not starting.
Get ready do five jumping jacks to get your blood circulating and
let us get this party started! Here are My 15
Rocken Motivation Tips & the Rest are from Experts all around
the globe who participated in our celebration for Motivational
Whisperers Motivaton Weekend.
We Had So Many Cool Peeps Help Out! Now We Have 81 Tips. That's Cool.
1. Make a dream board / Vision board add all the things you want in your life and put in a place you will see it every day.
2. Sign up for a support group/master mind group with like-minded people who share your passion.
3. Start your day with a great motivational book. Read one or two pages every morning or until feel motivated and ready to rock it.
4. Have someone in your life that will help keep you accountable, this could be a mentor a life coach or a business colleague.
5. Find a motivational blog or forum where you can read that day's motivational post.
6. Start your own daily motivation blog and ask for comments from others about what motivates them.
7. Use an application that will help motivate you and keep you accountable. I discovered the perfect motivation app. It is fabulous, it is like having your very own mini life coach giving you motivation and tracking your progress. Check it out now and get going with MeTracker.
8. Mind Mapping is another way you can motivate yourself while keeping you focused and on the right course.
9. Follow motivational people on Twitter, facebook, LinkedIn & Google + that encourage you to go for your dreams and share with you how they are making their dreams and goals a reality.
10. Find someone that shares your passions and has a motivating personality. That energy will rub off on you, it is contagious and you want to catch their motivation.
11. Eat meals that give you stamina and leave the heavy draining foods for your day off.
12. Use guided visualization mp3's to start your day or pop one in anytime you feel your motivation dropping.
13. Music is a super motivator. Find a song that gets your blood pumping and feet moving and dance like no one is watching.
14. Affirmations are another good motivator and reminder of what you want to create. I put little pieces of paper with my affirmations written out in places I know that I will see them all day. I have them on my computer in the bathroom put them anywhere you spend a lot of time.
15. it's a good idea to have one of your mentors
autobiographies on hand. I like to start out reading a
couple of pages of a book that gets my creative juices flowing
and reading how successful people I admire have done it is an
excellent way to get motivated. It gives me ideas and
inspires me by showing me directly how they created some
incredible things in their life. By Dawn Abraham Award Winning Marketing Expert & CEO
Motivational Whisperers LLC.
16. When you're tired or sleepy, get up stretch, exercise go to the gym or go for a walk, run, hike or bike ride. You will feel more energized. By: Clay Franklin.Com Marketing Expert
17. Think of exercise as an investment in you. The
better you feel, the more energy you will have to chase your
dreams! This 30-60 minutes a day is your time to
rejuvenate; time dedicated solely to you. Don't be a "no-show"
for your most important client -- "YOU."
By Jamie Wolf
18. What you think about you bring about! By Chereese
19. All Positive Thoughts are powerful, all negative thoughts are weak. By Chereese on facebook
20. Have an attitude of gratitude. By Chereese on facebook21. Use online tickers to visualize your fitness progress. Miles ran, pushups, how many days you have worked out. By Fitharts @FitHarts. The Fitness Wiz
22. For weight or fitness goals take regular photos to show your progress . Look at them often for #motivation. By Fitharts Fitness Wiz @FitHarts.
23. Take breaks to do something that rejuvenates you and makes you feel wonderful about yourself! By Celeste on Facebook.
24. Motivation comes from within - there is no outside influence that motivates you more than your own passion to succeed. By Leigh @leighs31
26. Keep a gratitude journal bedside, write down 5 things your grateful for everyday to keep a positive mindset be for you sleep & for the next day. By Shawna Hamilton Marketing Expert @Fitandonthemove Fitonthemove.com
27. "There's always a better way and more than one solution" #motivation By Redge @Versalytics
28. "Our ability to lead is measured by the success of those who follow" #motivation By Redge @Versalytics
29. "To be outstanding is to embrace and celebrate our differences not what we have in common" #motivation By Redge @Versalytics
30. Every evening, visualize in detail one thing you would like to be real in your life and also visualize yourself taking one step the next day to get closer to that dream. By Christina Mattschei Facbook page Coaching With Christina
31. Use your most important goal as the password to your computer. Keeps it in mind and subconscious mind. By Jett Brenner Success Guru SucceinctSuccess.com @SuccinctSuccess
32. U have the LIGHT OF GOD upon u, that LIGHT will shine among the brightest & darkest of people and places! U Got GOD POWERRR! By Minister W. Wiggins @RevOgWillieJ
33. Daruma Doll figures really keep me motivated. By Jett Brenner Success Guru @SuccinctSuccess
34. To help you enjoy every day, not just the weekends, I created a daily dose of inspiration called, TGIT! Thank God it's Today! By Ricky Powell Happiness Coach @choosehappiness
35. Set yourself up for success right from the start with attainable goals, affirmations, and lots of self love. #motivation By Jodi Chapman @jodi_chapman
36. 1 more! "A ripe fruit eventually falls from the tree & becomes a part of history. Stay connected, keep growing." #motivation By Redge @Versalytics
37. Leadership is the art of influencing others to be their very best. By Ali Rodriguez Intuitive Marketing Coach on facebook.
38. Be sure to show some serious intellectual
cleavage. By Ali
Rodriguez Intuitive Marketing Coach on
39. Practice Etiquette-You will be surprised how far these power words, please, thank you, and how may I help you will take you. Practicing common courtesies will set you apart from the competition. In business it could mean the difference of winning the contract or not. In your personal life it could make the difference in the type of people you attract. By Walethia Aquil-Branding Expert @graceandcharm2
40. Open your mind and your heart and see what happens! By Eileen Lichtenstein - Peak-Performance-Success Coach
41. Get out of bed, Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get going! Listen to the positive voices in ur head! By Luann Lee - TV host, entertainment reporter, motivational speaker
42. When you find yourself distracted at the computer, close everything that is open (ok to bookmark pages), then restart your computer. You'll find that your tendency is to work on the most important thing right after the computer restarts fresh. By Clay Franklin Marketing Expert Facebook page
43. Keep your to-do list to under five items a day so you are successful and not frustrated! By Laurie Hurley Social Media Expert @LaurieHurley
44. A little extra effort pays you back! By making one additional payment in a year, a 30-year mortgage is cut to 22! By Walter Sawatzky @WalterSawatzky Customized Coaching
45. You get out what You put in. By Maria Anapu-Bunnin @Tiyamaria1
46. Motivation is a state of mind that is created when I think of how great I feel when I accomplish a task. By Ronald Turmet Fitness Expert @RTurmet
47. Motivational Speaking is a two way street of opening hearts and minds by Eileen Lichtenstein - Peak-Performance-Success Coach
48. Immerse yourself in nature regularly. BY Eileen Lichtenstein - Peak-Performance-
49. "Only the future is manageable, and it belongs to those who get there first." By Frank Feather, Futurist http://FFeather.com
50. Happiness is a Decision! By Tim McCann on Google+
51. "Anything is possible, with the right motivation. Find what you're passionate about and you'll find a reason and a way to make it happen." ~ By Coach Dina Blas on facebook52. "Multi-tasking is over-rated. Since you can only truly give 100% to one task at a time, do that one task really well and then give 100% to the next task. You'll get everything done with your best effort and you'll be more satisfied with the results." ~ By Coach Dina Blas on facebook
53. Be sure to have at least one keyword in the first 55 characters of any webpage/blog/title/and or domain name. By Elaine Lindsay Social Media Expert. http://troolsocial.com/
54. Gratitude is very powerful force. Each day write down 10 things you are grateful for and three things you will do that day. By Clay Franklin
55. When you understand your WHY your HOW becomes a whole lot easier. By Positive Change @mposchange
56. Motivation comes from the DO-ing of a task, not from the THINKING of how to get motivated to do the task. By My Positive Change @mposchange
57. I believe in the sun, even when it isn't shining. I believe in love, even when I'm alone. I believe in God, even when he is silent. By Ana Hillis Re-purposing Expert
58. If you're overwhelmed with a
project, just start the first thing you need to do. Focus on
that one thing only, Don't even think about the "whole
big thing" By Clay Franklin
72. We are defeated by attempting to change too much all at once. Small steps = self esteem &success. By @slcornett
73. When student clients are stuck or overwhelmed-talking aloud about their plans & chunking down opens doors to awareness &doing. By Ana Isabel Sanchez @CoachADDLife
74. Life is surprising & capricious, never dull. No replacement for hard work. By Robin E. Thornton Strategic marketer @RobinEThornton
75. A good motivation tip no matter what your situation you have a choice to take the positive or negative. take positive because if you are positive calm will keep positive situations to be attracted to you By Steven Kamensky Google+
77. Only those who are
intentional about their life can be effective in
it. by -Wade D.
78. "I'm here to assist in transforming lives in peaceful and prosperous ways." . . . Namaste By Stephanie Rainbow Bell Chief Consciousness Creator
79. - Always repeat these two words ACT NOW to yourself, "given a task, ACT NOW" By Bunny Alderson @BunnyAlderson
80. I always remind my team: "Comfort is death on the installment plan." By @MeganEBurns Operationsstrategyllc.com
81. Find a buddy! The journey is easier and funnier when u share it with someone! By Ana Isabel Sanchez @CoachADDLife
What are your motivational words or tips? Tweet, me with the hash tag #motivation and tell me your motivation tip look to see your not repeating any of them. Tweet your motivation tip we will include it with your twitter link. The more the merrier. If your a member just log in and leave it on the comments. If your not a member why not? You should be we have a Motivational Whisperers Free Membership sign up here and you can post your tip or tweet me.
Motivational Whisperers Inspiring Newsletter where you
will find out what is hot in the social media/self improvement
I am gifting you the first class of how to get a Millionaire Mindset Mp3 when you sign up for our Expert Newsletter. Woo Hoo! Start now with Motivational Whisperers Sign up for Top Motivational Newsletter and get your Mindset Mp3 right now.
Here are tried and true survival tips for the “sandwich” or “open sandwich” generation challenged folks among us:
Keep the big picture forefront, try not to get lost
in negative possibilities.
Be patient. Perhaps reframe a situation to have
more (positive) possibilities.
Understand your own agenda and priorities. If
you’re having difficulty doing this, pay special attention to
#4 and #5 and possibly seek
Follow your mind and heart.
Stay focused. Meditate. Breathe.
Take care of yourself.
- Ask for help when possible.
Eileen Lichtenstein, MS. Ed.
CEO, Balance & Power, Inc.
Peak Performance Success & Career Coach
Author, Facilitator SOAR! with Resilience™
Stress & Anger Management Specialist
EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
516 623 4353